- All students must provide a valid email address and mobile phone number while enrolled at Portobello Institute. This is the main way we communicate with the student body and it is the student’s responsibility to check emails/texts for important updates, cancellations, notifications, results, events, seminars and so on. It is the student’s responsibility to inform Portobello Institute if any of their contact details change.
- All Student must submit supporting evidence in advance of programme start date to satisfy the entry requirements.
- All learners will be encouraged to disclose their additional support needs before starting a course.
- A Late Payment policy may apply where fees have not been paid prior to course commencement (unless you are on an agreed instalment plan). Failure to pay fees will result in a cancellation of your place on the course and a penalty fee of 10% of the course fee may be charged. Fees are still payable should a student fail to complete the course. Tuition fees, deposits and examination fees are not refundable under any other circumstances.
- Procedure for processing of requests for deferrals or refunds; Learner requests a deferral or refund form. Learner completes application requesting a deferral or refund (In the case of a deferral, learner must enclose a 100 euro fee with the deferral application form). Request forms are returned to College. Learners will be informed in writing of the outcome of their request.
- Portobello Institute reserves the right to request a student to vacate their place on a course should their behaviour cause unnecessary disruption.
- Portobello Institute retains the right to refuse admission to a course and fees will not be charged in this case.
- Portobello Institute reserves the right to cancel a course due to insufficient applications and fees will be fully refunded in this case.
- Portobello Institute reserves the right to alter, change or withdraw any of the modules, timetables or tutors on this schedule & accompanying prospectus.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the safekeeping of all materials submitted, Portobello Institute will not be responsible for the loss or theft of any materials.
- Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the information contained in this document is correct, Portobello Institute is not liable for any errors or omissions.
- Course Fees non-transferrable.
- International students are required to pay all fees in full prior to course commencement.
Refunds are granted in the following circumstances.
- If a course is cancelled by Portobello Institute.
- If an International student is refused a Visa to study in Ireland.
- If a refund is requested from an online booking within 14 days (where a course was paid in full).
These terms and conditions are effective from 17/01/20.
Refunds are processed within 30 days upon receipt of the refund form. These T&C’s meet the guidelines of the new National Consumer Regulations June 2014.
Learners who apply for a refund that do not meet the conditions for a refund but who do meet the conditions of a deferral will be granted a deferral with the appropriate deferral conditions attached.
A deferral fee must be submitted with the application, this fee is refunded if the deferral is not granted. If the relevant fee does not accompany the application, the application will be returned to the sender with a request for the appropriate fee to be included. Deferral fees vary depending on the course. Learners seeking a deferral must meet one of the following conditions; Unavailability of Course Compassionate and Compelling Circumstances as follows:
- Serious illness or injury with accompanying medical certificate.
- Bereavement of close family member to include parents, spouse, siblings or child.
- Traumatic experience which would include witness or involvement in serious accident, witnessing or being victim of serious crime.
- Paperwork to accompany the request for a deferral should include medical certificates, death certificate of family member, Garda or psychologists report.
- You must have paid the full course fee before you can apply for a deferral. Email: Deferrals@portobelloinstitute.ie
Protection of Enrolled Learners
The Qualifications and Quality Assurance (Education and Training) Act 2012 Part 6 requires that all QQI programmes over 12 weeks have an insurance policy in place for the Protection of Enrolled Learners.
Portobello Institute have established a mandatory policy for students with ODON O’Driscoll O’Neill Insurance, ensuring that each student has the required financial insurance in place should any unforeseen circumstances arise during their study period. The payment for Insurance is in addition to your course fee and is a mandatory obligation from each registering learner.
Following payment to ODON by the college you will be sent through your certificate which will contain your personal details and your ID for your policy. You do not have to contact ODON directly or pay them directly. The college will process this on your behalf.
Please retain your insurance certificate for the duration of your course. This is proof that your payment and course is insured in line with PEL requirements.
O’Driscoll O’Neill Ltd Insurance is regulated by The Central Bank of Ireland
Video recording Blended learning courses are delivered via Portobello’s online learning platform e-Portobello. Support sessions are video recorded.