Early Years & Montessori
Position: Supervisor BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies
“Education is the great engine of personal development. It is through education that the daughter of a peasant can become a doctor, that the son of a mine worker can become the head of the mine, that a child of farm workers can become the president of a great nation. It is what we make out of what we have, not what we are given, that separates one person from another.” (N. Mandela) But more than changing one’s trajectory, education is transformative allowing us to evolve our humanity, demonstrating that “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” (N. Mandela)
About Wendy Tully
My mother learned to read at 50 when I was a teenager. I helped her with her homework. I was as proud of her as she was of herself. This taught me the power of education and how it offered my mother freedoms she never had – reading a menu, a novel, or an official document. Education is for everyone, for any age, any ability, and any language. Of all the amazing personal and professional experiences I have had in my life, helping my mother learn to read was the most transformative. It is a privilege to be a small part of another’s educational journey and see them succeed in reaching the goal they set for themselves.
Wendy’s Teaching Philosophy
My teaching philosophy is based on collaborative relationships.
Qualifications and Achievements
- M.E.S. Master in Educational Studies (Intercultural Education) – Trinity College Dublin
- BA (L8) in Early Childhood Education and Care – Institute of Technology, Carlow.
- BA (L7) in Montessori Teaching – St. Nicholas Montessori College Dublin
- Certificate (L9) in Research Supervision – Institute of Technology, Carlow.
- Leadership for INClusion in the Early Years LINC (L6) – Mary Immaculate College, S.C.R, Limerick.
- Training Delivery and Evaluation (L6) – The Open College, Leopardstown Business Centre, Dublin 18
- I was the first recipient of the Sean Griffin Memorial Award for exceptional contribution to the learning environment. I was awarded this honour from St. Nicholas Montessori College.